Cardiac First Responder – Community
The course is designed for community groups or individuals allowing participants gain the Basic Life Support skills needed to deal with an emergency situation. This course is Level 1 on the PHECC (Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council) Training Standards.
Suitable for: Everyone
Certified By: PHECC
Duration: Half Day
Books Required: Manual Supplied
Certificate Valid For: 2 years
Class Size: 8 maximum
Cost: Contact [email protected] or telephone 01-6434757 for further information.
-Chain of Survival & importance of early CPR & AED
– C.P.R – Adult, Child & Infant
– Adult Automated External Defibrillation
– Special situations & AED’s in use
– Foreign Body Airway Obstruction – Adult, Child & Infant
– Cardiac Arrest / Heart Attack
– Aspirin in Cardiac Management
– Barrier Devices
– Recovery Position
– Medical Legal Issues
– Continuity of Care
– Communications Handovers & Documentation
– Critical Incident Stress Management – Death and Dying
– Practical Assessment
All our instructors are operational fire fighters / paramedics, Health and Safety personnel with a FETAC level 6 qualification and certified instructors.